Gregory J. Roth
- Full license to practice as an Attorney in Michigan.
- Admitted to Bar, 1997, Michigan.
- Member in Good Standing.
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1994; Class Honors, 1994).
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (J.D. 1997; Top 20% of class).
- University of Detroit Mercy Law Review, 1996-1997.
- UDM International Law Society, 1996-1997.
Training & Qualifications
- Completion, 40-Hour Civil Mediator Training, as approved by the State Court Administrative Office, Oakland Mediation Center, 2013.
- Oakland County Approved Probate and Civil Mediator, 2016-Present.
- Completion, Mediator Wisdom: Reflection, Imitation, and Experience, 8-Hour Advanced Mediation Training, Oakland Mediation Center, 2017.
- Completion, OMC Advocacy, CEW, Oakland Mediation Center, 2017.
- Completion, Demolishing the 10 Biggest Roadblocks to a Successful Mediation, CEW, Oakland Mediation Center, 2018.
- Completion, Mediator Wisdom: Reflection, Imitation, and Experience, 8-Hour Advanced Mediator Training, 2020.
- State Bar of Michigan, 1997-Present (General Practice Section; Probate and Estate Planning Section).
- Oakland County Bar Association, 2011-2018; Sustaining Member, 2015-2018.
- Fellow, Oakland County Bar Foundation, 2009-Present.
- ARAG Group, 2004-Present.
- Court-Appointed Guardian ad Litem and Probate Attorney, Oakland County Probate Court, 2001-Present.
- Court-Appointed Special Fiduciary and Special Conservator, Oakland County Probate Court, 2007-Present.
- Private Guardian and Conservator, Oakland County Probate Court, 2008-Present.
- Personal Representative, Oakland County Probate Court, 2013.
- Personal Representative, Lapeer County Probate Court, 2016.
- Court-Appointed Mental Health Attorney, Oakland County Probate Court, 2001-2007.
- Court-Appointed Guardian ad Litem and Probate Attorney, Livingston County Probate Court, 2009.
- Court-Appointed Guardian ad Litem (Special Assignment), Huron County Probate Court, 2009.
- Court-Appointed Guardian ad Litem, U.S. District Court, E.D. Michigan, 2011.
- Family Law Assistance Project (pro bono), 2007.
- Court-Appointed Receiver, 18th Judicial District Court, Westland, 2006.
- Open Justice Commission Pro Bono Project For Domestic Violence Victims (State Bar of Michigan), 2001.
- Court-Appointed Counsel, 47th Judicial District Court, 2001.
Involvement & Affiliations
- Oakland County Bench/Bar Conference, 2012-Present.
- Michigan Summit on Elder Justice/At-Risk Adults, 2013.
- Oakland County SAVE Task Force, 2013-Present.
Honors & Awards
- Honoree, Oakland County Probate Court “Friend of Probate”, 2006.
- Recipient, Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) “Excellence for the Future Award” In Advanced Legal Writing, 1997.
- Role of the Guardian Ad Litem, Children’s Advocates Meeting, November 2011.
Contributor, Volunteer & Outreach
- Mock Trial Practice, University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy, 2011-Present.
- Patriot Lessons TV, 2015-Present.
- “Martha Washington”, Media Review
- “Revolution”, Media Review
- “Article IV”, Full Faith and Credit, Media Review
- Volunteer Mediator, Oakland Mediation Center, 2015-Present.
- Volunteer Panelist & Contributor, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), 2016.
- Working with Guardians ad Litem on Elder Law Matters, October 20, 2016 (Jan/Feb 2017 Promo)
- Board Trustee, Oakland Mediation Center (OMC) Board of Trustees, 2017-Present.
- Treasurer, OMC Board of Trustees, 2019-2020.
- Secretary, OMC Board of Trustees, 2020-Present.
- Roth, Gregory J., Comment, Michigan Agencies and Legislature Be Warned: The ‘New’ Duty To Provide Adequate Warning Signs or Traffic Control Devices at Known Points of Hazard, The University of Detroit Mercy Law Review, Summer 1997.
- Nigerian hoops transfers get new guardians, will return to U-D Jesuit (Detroit Free Press, August 8, 2014; USA Today High School Sports, August 8, 2014).
CV available to legal professionals upon request.